ALL NEW Saxophone lessons for College-bound students.
Specialising in All-state prep, College audition prep, College research, College application, Advanced competitions, College scholarship advising.
This is the ONLY saxophone-specific program like this in Texas (and possibly even around the US)
Lessons offered are taken with Jessica Voigt-Page, saxophone faculty at Baylor University, Yamaha Performing Artist, D'Addario Performing Artist in East Austin.
Former college-prep students have been accepted to study at the following colleges:
- Eastman School of Music
- The University of Texas at Austin
- The University of Michigan
- Michigan State University
- Indiana University
- The University of Iowa
- Arizona State University
- The University of Oklahoma
- Baylor University
- Texas State University
- Stephen F Austin University
- Sam Houston State University
- The University of Houston
Lessons cover not only preparation on the saxophone, but also include practical studies in;
- Researching the best colleges for you
- Understanding the differences between music performance, music studies, music education, music therapy degree programs
- Developing relationships with Professors
- Selecting appropriate repertoire
- Creating a Curriculum Vitae to support your application
- Understanding scholarships and financial aid application
- And a few other special ways you can position yourself to stand out amongst the auditioning crowd!
Auditions are required for all interested students.
Audition material consists of:
- Major scales
- 2 ferling etudes
- 1 solo from UIL PML class 1 list
Limited places available - please email below for more information on scheduling, pricing and auditions.
If you are not in Austin, it may be possible to arrange these lessons over skype. Please email me find out more if this is something you might be interested in.